Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fear

As I watch my son bravely climbing down the stairs, while holding on to Mommy's hand, I realize the changes I need to make in my own life. What can I possibly learn from watching an almost-toddler, you ask.  Well, I've learned that I need to live life bravely and I don't have to do it alone.  God is there, holding my hand.  As long as I know that He is there, making sure I don't fall (I might trip once in a while, but if I trust Him to catch me, I won't fall), I know I can do anything that has been put on my heart.

Today's church service reflected much of my newfound realizations. Fear keeps us from doing things that we may want to do. I can't tell you how many friendships I must've missed out on because I am too afraid to bravely introduce myself and let them know the real me.  I've always been fearful that people don't care who I am or what I have to say.  I can't tell you how much harder I've made my life at times because I was afraid to ask for advice or help because I was fearful that people would think that I was stupid and incompetent.  I dropped out of college because I was afraid to fail. I didn't think I had what it takes to pass my classes.  Oh, to live life in such fear puts such a cramp on all the things you could do with it.

And now I'm almost left with a sense of thinking What if , which is not the way I like to live my life. All I can do is move on from here. I have my God, whom I can pray to at times I feel weak and vulnerable. I have my God, whom I can lean on at times I feel I may be falling. I am a lucky girl to be given so many second chances in one lifetime. I am a lucky girl.

And now, drum roll please, here are some adorable pictures of Taylor. Hehehe. I knew you couldn't bring yourself to read through this entry without some hope of visual reward. :)





   

No comments: