Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Amazing God

If anyone were to tell me that my God wasn't amazing, I wouldn't give it a second thought. My God is a prayer answerer. My God is graceful. My God is kind.   Last night I had a break down. Before I read my daily devotions, I prayed. I prayed that God would answer me because I had been praying about the same thing for the last week. I had been fervently praying for relief from my problem. Last night, I pretty much just threw my hands up and figured God was upset with me. I had done something horribly wrong and He wanted to ignore my pleas. Well, last night I read my devotions and still, no words of wisdom hit me like they normally do.  I decided to keep reading into Psalm 22.  The scripture you see to your right (Psalm 22:1,2) is what I read and immediately I knew that He knew what I was feeling.  I prayed again, I told God that I would keep praying, I would not give up.  I would keep praying until I aggravated  him enough to answer me! (I had read about this in a previous devotion Luke 18:18) :-)  This morning, from pretty much the moment I got up, my problem had been solved. I came downstairs and my prayer had been answered.

I have also been praying about Taylor sleeping through the night. So far, for the past two nights I have prayed that Taylor would sleep at least until 6am and both times, he has slept until 6 am, I've given him a bottle and he sleeps again until about 8 or 830am. Oh! And on that note,  I didn't even have to put him to sleep last night. I laid him in his crib and he figured it out (without crying!!!!!). Amazing. Amazing!




1 comment:

Malekopeli said...

God is amazing!!! I'm glad he answered your prayer.........in his time right? That has happened to me many times, not as fast as I would have liked but it has happened. That's what makes Him so real, his blessings♥