Monday, July 26, 2010

Week Days

Week days often go by at lightning speed. After spending all night getting up with Gabby (she eats every 2 hours on a good night) I get up with Taylor at 6 am. We spend the morning locked up in the den so we don't wake up everyone else in the house (our house has a noise problem. You can hear EVERYTHING). As soon as everyone is up, we explore the house. We run back and forth until Taylor starts to get fussy at about 1030a. And then it's nap time. GMA puts him down for his nap (it's their bonding time). Taylor will normally sleep for 2- 2 1/2 hours until lunch time. During this time, I try to lie down with Gabby and catch a few more winks (trying to keep the bags -under my eyes- at bay). After lunch we play some more until about 530p when it's time for dinner and bath and books for bed.  After Taylor is in bed, it is time for me to eat my dinner, relax, and then watch House with the hubby and MIL. We watch it until 1130p and then I go to bed because I know I have to do it all over again tomorrow.

Thank God for weekends! I am fortunate enough to have a father in law who absolutely adores my children. He offers to wake up with Taylor on Saturday & Sunday morning, allowing me to sleep in with Gabby.  For so long I had forgotten what it was like to have an actual weekend to look forward to, and now I remember. It's amazing!

 In hindsight, as I type it, this is a long day but it rarely ever feels like it. I find myself unable to do everything that I want to do and therefore leave it behind for someone else.  Which, if you know me at all, you know that I hate not getting things done and I especially hate other people picking up the slack for me! I know this will soon change. Once we get into a routine that makes life a little simpler.

My family and I made a deal. We are going to start doing things. We live in Hawaii for Godsake! We were talking about taking turns to get scuba diving certified and eventually all going out and diving together. We talked about me going out with my husband. I don't even remember the last time he and I have gone out on a date. Apparently he's starting to feel this because he has asked twice in the last two days when we were going to be able to go to the movies together. We are going to start taking the children to the beach on his days off. We need to stop being hermits and get out in the world!

No comments: