Thursday, July 22, 2010

Update on Life

I recently took Gabby to her 2 week appointment. She is now 10 pounds 8 ozs., 22 3/4 inches tall, and very healthy. I am really glad I chose Dr.Hino to be her pediatrician. He is very informative and very kind. He kept joking that I wasn't feeding her enough. Ha! She's going to be a little chubster, just like Taylor was!  I can't believe how much she grows every day.

Of course, she does not like to sleep at night. Her brother didn't either, but at least he slept for 3-4 hours at a time. I don't know if I'm just being impatient but I was sure he was much easier to  keep asleep @ night. I find myself waking up with her every 1-2 hours. I get so exhausted that she ends up just sleeping with us.. because I fall asleep while nursing her!

I suppose it was a catch 22 for me. I really wanted a good night sleep so I couldn't wait for her to come (I was waking up every 3-4 hours because I was in so much pain) but I had the bed all to myself (well, to include hubby of course). But now that she's here, I am not in any pain and I could probably very easily sleep 9 hours straight but she wakes up so much throughout the night that it's impossible.  It is all for good though. I don't find myself angry when I wake up with her, just mearly exhausted at the thought of getting up at 6 am with Taylor.

Speaking of which, getting up in the mornings with Taylor is one of the best moments of every day. The smile he gives when you walk in that door. It just takes the tired all away (at least for a few hours). He is an amazing boy. He has not really started talking yet (he is going to be 17 months old tomorrow) so he is soooo frustrated that we can't understand everything that he wants. He throws temper tantrums and we are hoping that he will leave those behind along with his terrible twos in a couple of years.

He is a great big brother. He loves giving Gabby kisses and he even held her today! I am amazed at how well he is handling the fact that there is a new baby in the house. It makes it so much easier to have 4 adults in the house because, really, he is never without someone by his side.

All I need to get through this next year, or so, are my iced caramel macchiatos and lots and lots of chocolate.. and maybe a glass of wine once a week. :)

EDIT
I forgot to write about how we took some family photos @ Sears.  They sent me a link to the online viewable prints. We get to pick up the real deal today.. but I'll post the online version here. 


















No comments: