Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Potty Training

So I decided to try my hand at potty training Taylor.  I bought him this:


















and






















I am amazed at how well he is doing!

Day one-He knew exactly what the potty was for. He sat down and made a pee pee sound with his mouth.
Night one-I took him upstairs for bed time and before putting on his clean diaper I asked if he wanted to use the potty and he pointed at it.  I sat him down and grabbed a book and we started reading while he sat. He shook his hands and said, "All done!" I said, "No, you're not done yet.." but he insisted as he started to stand up.  I realized, then, that he had actually used the potty! So I screamed with joy and called GMA and Papa and they both came in and congratulated him as well. He was BEAMING with pride.  As was I. :)

Fast forward a few days (he's been using it kind if on and off but normally only if I am the one who sits him down, he did it one other time for Gma but that's the extent of outside spectations) to today...

He peed once this morning for me and then three times for me tonight. He was so happy. It's so cute that when he's done he says, "All done" and stands up and claps for himself. I love this boy to death. And although "All done", "More", "Milk" , "Dat", "Juice"  and "Daddy" are his only words... No, he's not saying "Mommy" yet :( ... I am still so proud of how smart he is. What he lacks in his vocabulary, he makes up with everything else. He is my pride and joy.

No comments: