Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tick Tock

"Patience is a virtue," they always say. Well, I'd like to know who they are and why I should be listening to what they have to say.

I feel like life is spent waiting for bigger things to happen. 2 1/2 years ago I was waiting to see my little man, and then when he was born I was waiting to go on a trip to see my family, and when we get back, I was waiting to move into the house we're currently in, then I was waiting to find out if we were moving off the island, and now I'm waiting for Gabby. I remember being younger and waiting for Christmas and my birthday... and well, pretty much every holiday that covers the entire calendar year. Maybe half the fun was waiting because once the fun actually started the fun sort of started to dwindle.

I am trying my darndest to enjoy this time before little Gabby gets here but all I can think about, as she's kicking and rolling and hiccuping, is what she looks like in there. I want to hold her. I want her Daddy and grandparents to be able to hold her, too.

Patience is a virtue. My whole life is about virtue. Then again, I guess you could say if I weren't spending my entire life waiting, it would be a boring one. Tick Tock Tick Tock.

2 comments:

Rhonda Puckett said...

LOL, Domo!!! But you are SOOOOO right!!!!!

Mama D said...

:-) Hehe! Patience.. But I know I'd be bored if I had nothing to wait for.